Monday, April 26, 2010

What's up?

Ok, so I feel like lately I have become quite the blog slacker. I hate that! I know that the 3 of you who read my blog hate it too! As my brother is always saying "update your blog so I can creep on your life." My response is that he could just call his awesome older sister (but actually he does that quite frequently-yay! so I'm not sure how much creeping he really needs to do since he gets most info first hand). Anyway, I guess I haven't written lately because I feel like our life hasn't been particularly blog worthy these days but then I started thinking this blog is for me and there are some things that while not earth shattering info, I do want to remember!
For instance, today I made rice krispie treats for my girls. I thought they would really be excited-Annie has been asking for them lately-but Emma took one look at them and one TINY taste and said "Mom, these are messy! I'm not eating that!" I told Josh and he just laughed and said "she's just like her mom"! What?!?!? I like rice krispie treats! He explained that he meant that it's totally a texture thing and I am a "texture eater". Amazingly enough, he's right! I am totally stuck on the texture of foods...if the texture is wrong I just can't stand to have it in my mouth...it just absolutely gags me up! Funny to think that even in the small things my girls are a lot like me!
Emma is also pretty obsessed with Plex lately! Do you know who Plex is? Oh yeah, he's the big yellow robot from Yo Gabba Gabba. We don't even watch Gabba Gabba (if you've ever seen it you understand why-it's SO weird!) but Emma loves him! She's always talking about what she and Plex are going to do! Of course, Annie loves to tell her that Plex is not real and make her yell and scream! AND if you know anything about Emma, you know that she is a pro @ that...with big crocodile tears to boot! :)
Speaking of screaming and yelling, you'll never believe it (I didn't at first and I saw it first hand) but yesterday my sweet Gracie pitched a fit to end all fits! She was super exhausted and she did not want what I fixed for dinner. She yelled and cried and rolled around on the floor (checking to be sure someone was watching) for at least a solid 20 minutes! I was almost in shock! Gracie is usually "the easy one" but boy she let me have it yesterday! I know y'all will think I'm slandering my sweet girl but I promise it happened. My video camera was dead or I would've taped it for proof! :) Hopefully, there won't be a next time!
Gracie has also turned into quite the dancer these days! She loves to stomp around, swinging her arms and shaking her hips! We all get the biggest kick out of it! Annie loves to sing "Shake your bootie!" and watch Gracie go at it! I'll have to get the video camera charged up because this much fun is not to be missed!
Onto my Annie T. She is almost finished with 4K-only 5 weeks left-and then she will be a Kindergartener! She can hardly wait (and I can hardly believe it)! She is learning so much (writing both upper and lower case letters, her address and phone number, sight words and reading by phonetics)! She is one smart little cookie! Not only is she a smart kiddo but she is kind too. Yesterday at church, her Sunday School teacher commented to me that Annie was very friendly and welcoming to a child who visited her class. To be honest I am even more proud of her kindness and learning to be a good friend than any of her academic prowess (of which there is much)!!!
So while there isn't anything too exciting (blogworthy) going on in the Thompson household there are some sweet memories being made (and remembered)!

No comments:

Post a Comment