I don't know why this weekend seemed so wild...all of our weekends are packed to the gills with cleaning our house (hoping it will be shown while we're gonne), traveling, spending time with family and then more traveling...but this weekend seemed to be especially busy! Fun, but busy!
Friday was actually relatively restful. We decided to spend the night at home and wait until Saturday morning to make the trip to Birmingham. My brother, Daniel had two lacrosse games (matches?) in Birmingham so we were determined to get there to see them. We left home around 11:00 and got stuck in traffic about 40 miles outside of Atlanta. (Really?!?!? 75, must you always be SO crowded. What's up with always having to be the "popular kid"?)Anyway, what should have been a 3 hour trip (give or take a few minutes) turned into about a 5 hour trip! If I never hear Strawberry Shortcake again it will be too soon...the girls must have watched it at least a dozen times on the way! We finally got to the game at halftime (thankfully there were 2 games so we still had plenty of lacrosse to watch). The day was beautiful! The girls were excited to see Gleigh and Bo and Grandmother and watch Uncle Daniel play (so were Josh and I). The girls were decked out in all of their McCallie finery and ready to cheer on the Blue Tornado! After the first game, which McCallie won in overtime, the girls ran across the field (with a little prompting) to meet Uncle Daniel and Daniel, who had made it quite clear in the days leading up to the game that he would not be participating in any photo shoot actually changed his mind and decided to cooperate after all! So, I got out my camera. Got everybody situated and started to snap away only to find that my battery was DEAD! My camera wouldn't even turn on let alone snap anyone's picture cooperative or not! REALLY?!?!? Oh yes, really! Mom was able to snap a few pics so hopefully a few of them will turn out to be worthwhile!
After the games Daniel and his friend Cory decided to pass on the bus and ride home with mom and dad which meant they would have time to check out the church and grab a quick dinner with us before heading home. We crawled into our cars and headed over to do a quick walk through at the church and then grab a bite to eat at Gutheries... Yum...before heading to Pixie and John's to crash for the night!
And crash we did! Josh and I carried three half sleeping girls in and got them settled for the night and then literally fell into bed ourselves! We woke up this morning and got ready for church (It was so nice to go to church literally 2 minutes down the road) and headed out! After church we grabbed a quick bite to eat and headed back to Pixie and John's to gather up before the girls and I had to get on the road again! We actually ended up letting Gracie grab a quick nap while the big girls played and Josh and I watched a few minutes of the Masters. (I'm not a big golf fan but Augusta is absolutely beautiful AND I'm so glad the lefty pulled it out instead of Tiger). It was the first time in a really long time that a Sunday afternoon has been at all relaxing....just a time to sit and enjoy our time together. Usually we are so busy rushing back home that we don't have a moment's peace! Finally, I decided we couldn't put it off any longer and the girls and I packed up and headed home. Thankfully our trip home did not involve any traffic (even on 75) so we were able to make in home in time to read a story before getting ready and crawling in the bed! A perfect end to a pretty darn good (if quick) weekend!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment