This weekend, Josh is out of town with his youth. They are slaving away (and having a great time doing it) at Mission Madness in Huntsville. This means that the girls and I are home alone. I thought about taking the girls to Auburn to the A day game but ended up deciding against it when I remembered all of the "fun" we had at the Homecoming game (the girls' first time actually attending the game) and that was with 2 parents; I would be solo today! So even though I would love to have been there to cheer on my team I decided that A day was not exactly the kid friendly event I had in mind. Instead the girls and I decided to hit up the Atlanta Zoo today. It was the perfect day for it. Not too hot, beautiful blue sky, no where to be but enjoying our time together! The girls were great! We got there around 11:30 and spent an hour or so checking out the animals before finding a sunny spot for our picnic lunch. We gobbled up our lunches and hit the road again to find some more animals and more fun! Some favorites were the lemurs, the gorillas and of course, the pandas. We had to visit them at least twice each! Around 5:30 three tired girls and I piled back into the car and headed home! (Of course there was a Braves game tonight so several roads were closed and I had to manauver on crazy shut down streets minus the GPS which Josh had with hime! What a pain but thankfully we all survived!)
Here are are few pics of our fun at the Zoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment