Monday, September 27, 2010

What now?

Ok, last week I wrote about waiting and how hard it is for me. I promise I'll get back to the fun stuff soon like pics of my girls in their Auburn gear (how about those TIGERS pulling it out AGAIN with another win!!) or funny stories and soon enough baby Jack will be making his debut, but I feel like I need to get this off my chest! So, where was I?
Oh, that's right....waiting? I don't like it. AT ALL. We FINALLY heard the news we were waiting for and guess what? I don't like it either. Not one bit. Especially because it basically means more waiting! Don't get me wrong, it may the best news we've ever heard in the long run but in this minute it pretty much sucks (sorry, I know that's not the nicest word but it is definitely the most appropriate)!
So, God and I are doing some battle right now. Not serious battle but we've definitley had a few conversations where I've given him a piece of my mind. I'm sure he's shaking in his boots by now (please note the sarcasm with which I say that)! In all honesty I KNOW that there is a reason for this season of waiting. I KNOW that there is purpose and I'm sure that when we come out on the other side we will understand (at least a little) and be so thankful that we were not the the ones in control but I'm just not feeling it today. It probably means that God has some work for me to do or rather for me to get out of the way of his doing. It probably means that my heart and my mind and my life in general are not where he wants them to be and I need to step back and let him get to work on changing that.
And maybe, just maybe, today will be the day I decide to let him.

No comments:

Post a Comment