Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Would anyone like some Lemonade?

You know what they say...when life gives you lemons make lemonade! Well, we've had plenty of lemons around here so I'm guessing we should also have lemonade in abundance!
It all started on Monday night when I tried to microwave something. There was a spark and all of the sudden....NOTHING! No microwave! Bummer but not the end of the world. Later that evening Josh called to tell me that he had hurt his knee playing basketball with a bunch of guys from church! :( Josh said it was bothering him but not too badly. We figured he would take a few tylenol or something and be feeling better by the morning! Oh how wrong we were!
Tuesday was the real doozy of a day...I bought a new microwave...they are suprisingly heavy!! and brought it home only to find that the problem wasn't the microwave at all but the plug! I called Josh and he said maybe I should check the fuse and make sure I hadn't blown it. I looked and of course that was all it was....what a big dummy I am. So, now I have a microwave to schlep back to the store (really this is good news but just a pain)!
Josh's knee was still bothering him so he ended up squeezing in a dr.'s visit on Tuesday afternoon. He had it checked out and x-rayed only to find out that the dr. thinks he tore his acl-he's having an mri tmorrow to confirm but if it IS a torn acl it will require sugery. :( As if surgery and a knee injury weren't enough of a problem there is also the fact that currently Josh and I are residing in different STATES!!! So that presents the problem onf where to have the surgery and recover. YIKES!!
On top of all of that, last night I looked down at my hand and noticed that one of the prongs on my engagement ring was bent! Thankfully my diamond was still in place! So....now in addition to the busted (or not) microwave and the possible out of state knee surgery I also have a stunning (and sentimental) diamond engagement ring that will be residing in its box until I can find the time to take it to the jewelers to be fixed...not an errand I'll be running with my three little ones in tow! :(
Oh and wait it gets better...today as I was waiting in the carpool line to get Annie T. my car started running kinda rough and my check engine light came on! SERIOUSLY?!?!? Yep, seriously. I took it to my trusty car guy (thank goodness I have him!) and he checked it out...hopefully it is no big deal and we'll be back in business in no time!
So...as you can tell-LOTS of lemons around this house lately! BUT so much more to be thankful for!
*MY microwave is working again!
*Josh's knee is a pain...both physically and logistically...but it's treatable. It's managable. He will get better. It seems like everyday another friend or friend of a friend is diagnosed with something really serious-lifethreatening illnesses-with no rhyme or reason. I am just so thankful that's not the case here.
*I'm thankful that I CAN afford to have both my car and my ring fixed (not the way I'd like to be spending a chunk of money BUT I'm thankful that I can nonetheless).
*Even more importantly, I'm thankful for the people God's put in our paths right now! I'm thankful that Josh has an opportunity to work in a place with people he loves and people who love him....with a boss who cares enough to call a dr. friend to check out Josh's knee (and a former AUBURN football player at that....I think Josh thinks the injury was well worth meeting the dr. who played with Bo Jackson)! I'm thankful for people who offer encouraging words. People who cram their cars full of kids (and their mom) when necessary. People who help just for the sake of helping.
SO, in this house while it's true we've had our share of lemons, we won't be sour; instead we'll be refreshed with a little lemonade.
Be JOYFUL always; PRAY continually; give THANKS in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment