Is there something about being a librarian that requires you to be mean and scary to small children? Do they teach that at librarian school or something? I mean really!!
The girls and I have been reading lots of beginning chapter books lately-Ivy and Bean, The Boxcar Children and the Ramona books are our favorites so far. Anyway, in one of our books one of the children get a library card. This gave Annie T. an idea. I decided since we had a snow (or no snow so we thought) day we would make a trip to the public library to pick out some new books and see about getting Annie a library card of her own. (Ok, I admit it...I really AM SUPERmom!) Anyway, the girls and I loaded up and headed off to get a library card. When we got to the library we got in line at the circulation desk to find out what was required to get a library card.
Our exchange went something like this:
Me: Excuse me? How old do you have to be to get a library card?
Library Lady: Old enough to sign your name.
Annie T: I can write my name!!
LL: In CURSIVE!
I just have to tell you, I wanted to kick that library lady in the teeth! My sweet Annie T's face just crumbled! I thought we were going to have a major library meltdown (and that mean ole library lady sure would have deserved it!). Annie gathered herself together when I told her she could still get some library books to take home but I couldn't believe that old meanie!!! Annie T. might just be learning a new skill this weekend-she might be the only four year old in town who can write her name in cursive by next week!
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment