I took the girls to McDonalds to play today with Valerie and Ari. We had been invited on Monday but Annie T. had a little trouble with her listening ears-mainly that they were not wokring or she was not wearing them-so we had to go home without playing. So, since we have had a pretty good couple of days since then, I decided that today we could grab a quick lunch and play on the indoor playground (the fact that it was 30 something degrees and raining might have influenced my decision a little). The girls had a great time....we met Ari and Annie saw a school friend and even Emma had a friend to play with. AND we were warm! (I am so tired of this wet, cold, yucky weather I could just scream!!!) Our incident didn't occur until we were walking out the door-and no, it's not what you think...the girls were actually really good about leaving. BUT as we were walking to the car (I am carrying Gracie, holding Emma's hand and Annie is holding onto my pocket) Annie T. slipped and scraped her knee. :( Now, I'm not trying to discount her pain...I know that a scraped knee HURTS!!! I have done it recently enough to remember. BUT Annie went into full on meltdown mode. All the way to the car. While I buckled the little girls in. While I started the car. The WHOLE drive home. As we were walking into the house. While I was putting the band aid on. I think you get the picture! Annie was totally losing it! She was screaming and yelling and just altogether losing her mind. My favorite comment from the melee was "I just can't take it anymore!" I was starting to think we needed to make a beeline for the emergency room or something. Usually my girls calm down relatively quickly (at least by the 2nd time I suggest cutting "it"-whatever the injury is-off). Again, I was REALLY starting to get worried. Right up until Annie looked at me with a sly little grin as I was putting on her band aid and asked if she could have a bowl of ice cream. By the time she was settled at the table the tears had stopped and the injury was miraculously healed! :)
This is the cause of all the drama.



No comments:
Post a Comment