The kids (and the grown ups) had such a great time that I guess, I 'll amend my "no snow" stance to "snow on Christmas day only"! I know this snow was very minimal to most people but snow in Alabama sends people for a loop! Even though the roads were clear and driving conditions were fine church was canceled Sunday morning (wow....grandmother sure was unhappy about that!) and people were stocking up on bread and milk like they were going to be snowed in for days! Hilarious!!
Thursday, January 6, 2011
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.....
just like the ones I used to know.....er, ones I've NEVER known! Seriously, even when we used to spend some Christmases in Indiana I don't think we ever had snow on Christmas day! I don't even really like snow but I'll admit that having it snow on Christmas day in Alabama was really kinda neat...especially for my kiddos! They LOVE snow (what little bit they've seen)! It was super nice because it really didn't start snowing for real until we were almost to Grandmother's so we didn't have to worry about icy roads or any of that on our drive BUT we got to enjoy all of this......
As soon as we got there my dad came outside and took the big girls for a walk in the snow! They were so excited! I love this picture of them with Bo!
Gracie wasn't sure about the snow at first. I guess she didn't really remember the snow we had last year. It didn't take her long to figure out that snow was lots of fun though!
Elijah wasn't too interested in posing...can you tell? The girls were proud of their snowman though. And I have to agree...he turned out pretty cute!

This wasn't exactly the fairest fight....all grown men on one side and kiddos on the other!! Oh well, the kids held their own pretty well and the grown ups were gentle (except for one time when Josh accidentally nailed Gracie in the face...she's such a trooper)!


The kids (and the grown ups) had such a great time that I guess, I 'll amend my "no snow" stance to "snow on Christmas day only"! I know this snow was very minimal to most people but snow in Alabama sends people for a loop! Even though the roads were clear and driving conditions were fine church was canceled Sunday morning (wow....grandmother sure was unhappy about that!) and people were stocking up on bread and milk like they were going to be snowed in for days! Hilarious!!
The kids (and the grown ups) had such a great time that I guess, I 'll amend my "no snow" stance to "snow on Christmas day only"! I know this snow was very minimal to most people but snow in Alabama sends people for a loop! Even though the roads were clear and driving conditions were fine church was canceled Sunday morning (wow....grandmother sure was unhappy about that!) and people were stocking up on bread and milk like they were going to be snowed in for days! Hilarious!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment