I'm taking a break from the holiday wrap ups (there are so many even I'm getting sick of them) to recap a little real life here at the Thompson house! One thing is for sure...it's never boring!
This particular gem of a story stars our youngest girlie....and she is a MESS! The other morning the little kids and I were home playing (lucky annie was already at school-although come to think of it since this is a gross story she probably would have liked to be here to experience the excitement. I wonder why five year olds like gross stuff?) when I walked into the hall bathroom to get something. I wasn't really paying attention to where I was stepping because I wasn't expecting to find anything in my way. Well, as soon as I stepped onto the tile my slippers got soggy-yuck! Yep, you can guess where this story's headed. I looked down and the entire bathroom floor was covered in water. I'm no dummy so it didn't take me too long to figure out that the toilet had overflowed-YUCK! but what I couldn't figure out was why. I didn't notice anyone playing around the potty or in the bathroom at all for that matter. I called the girls and when they came I gave them the third degree about what happened. This is the point in the story where Emma usually bursts into tears and confesses to any and all misdeeds she's been involved in or at the very least vehemently denies any wrongdoing but on this particular day all she said was a casual "It was Gracie." I looked over at Gracie and ask if if she had put something in the toilet (fearing the worst) and she said "yes, a napkin." Oh, is that all! Well, at least it wasn't anything that did any lasting damage AND (for now at least) at least she's honest! I think I'll be keeping all of the bathroom doors shut from now on just in case! :)
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment