Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Big news and fun with stickers!




No, the Thompsons are not adding to our numbers! There is no baby on the way in this family so don't go getting any ideas! BUT we do have BIG news!! Josh started a NEW job this week. He will be serving as the Minister to Youth and Children and the Thompson family will be moving! Exciting, scary, happy, sad...lots of emotions accompany this change (as is to be expected). This has been a SUPER crazy week because in addition to Josh starting a new job (in another state) we also had a death in our family and all of the emotions and events ( I know that's not really the right word but it's the best I can think of at the moment) that go along with that as well.
First, let me take a minute to brag on my three little ladies! My girls outdid themselves. They were sweet and kind and quiet (when they needed to be) and respectful and just generally good girls at in some situations that were not particularly child friendly. I really am so proud. The visitation and funeral were about 30 mins away (and Josh is working about 3.5 hours away....he has spent a ton of time in the car this week) so the girls have had to do a fair amount of driving. A family friend was so kind to think of the kids and provide snacks and crayons and coloring books and stickers to help pass the time. So today on the way home while the two little girls were sleeping, Annie T was hard at work. So hard at work that she totally wore herself out! This is what I found when I pulled into the driveway and got ready to unload all my girlies! Hilarious! I have to give it to her, we had talked about how we don't put stickers on the car windows or seats or our carseats and this girl listened. All car surfaces were sticker free! Annie T was another story!

1 comment: