I should have posted this earlier (to be in chronological order) BUT I just never really got around to it! So why post now? I guess because it is one of those moments in life when you think "This is what they mean by what goes around comes around!" Over the last week or so we have been traveling to visit family-we spent a few days with Josh's parents in Gainesville. So Josh's parents live about 20 minutes from Babyland General. For those of you who are staring blankly at the screen, Babyland General is where Cabbage Patch Kids are "born". We thought it would be fun to take the girls to see the home of the CPKs so Josh, Grandma, the girls and I loaded up and spent the morning meeting the babies and Mother Cabbage of course! We had a lot of fun and all 3 girls did great....we saw preemies in the nursery and big kids at school and even saw a special delivery.....until it was time to go! Ok, so you know how it is, you have to exit through the gift shop. This shouldn't have been a big deal because Grandma was planning to buy a newborn for the 2 big girls-each girl could have had her own CPK but here is the catch. Like any reasonable person, Grandma was willilng to buy a "box baby"-just like the ones you can find at any toy store. Well, Annie T. had her heart set on a "out of the box baby"! Just fyi: those no box babies start at about $150 a piece! For a Cabbage Patch Kid! This momma thinks not! So Annie goes into the meltdown to end all meltdowns! Emma of course joins in on principle! This is not a silent battle. There is kicking and screaming and hitting and Annie ends up actually being physically removed fromt the premises (by her daddy-not the hospital security or anything too serious :) I'm sure they have seen many similar meltdowns!) So Annie and Emma ended up leaving Babyland General empty handed. Sad but yay for mom and dad for not giving in to the tantrum!!!! And even better yay for Annie for apolozing for "acting ugly" on her very own (after screaming the whole 20 minutes to Grandma's house-but hey, it's the end result that counts!)
So why was this a "what goes around comes around" kind of moment for me? Sadly, it's because I remember leaving Babyland General emptyhanded as well probably because I wouldn't settle for a "box baby". I'm sure there was a fair amount of kicking and screaming on that day some 25 (yikes i'm getting old) or so years ago! So thanks GLeigh and Bo for sticking to your guns so that I could stick to mine and know that Annie would survive the upset-I think I turned out ok even without the "out of the box baby" and I'm sure Annie will too! :)



This is funnier on the blog than the actual event.
ReplyDeleteJosh
Of course it is funnier-it is over! At the time our beautiful little girls were acting like huge brats!
ReplyDeleteWhy didn't you tell me about this before last weekend? We drove right past that place. Ari would have loved it. I thought it would be too cheesy. We even joked about going when sitting at the intersection. BTW, the Burger King right by there is where I got all Jerry Springer :)
ReplyDelete