Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Emma T's prayers

I love to hear my girls pray...it's so sweet and sometimes so funny to hear them talk to God. Tonight Emma T. was really on a roll! This is her prayer (I'm really trying to remember word for word but I'm sure I'll leave something out)...
Dear God,
Thank you for today and for Jesus and God and Curious George. Thank you for Mommy and Daddy and jammies and books and bones and walls and medals (what?) and the WHOLE world!

So funny! In a way though God is probably more impressed (I know impressed isn't the right word but...) with her prayers than with my laundry list of things we want or need or people who are sick or hurting. Not to say that God doesn't care about those things and people; I know he does but sometimes he probably appreciates just a simple (and smile inducing) prayer of thanks like the one he got from his good buddy Emma T. tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment