Monday, August 30, 2010

FIVE YEARS AGO YESTERDAY...

We were patiently (ok, not so patiently) waiting for a special delivery! Our very own sweet baby (we didn't know the sex and everyone was pretty certain we would be welcoming a bouncing baby boy)!! We were all surprised when Josh announced that our new arrival was a beautiful baby GIRL!!! We had no idea how our lives would change and our world would be ROCKED (in all the good ways)!!

When I think about having a five year old and all of the things that go along with that I am blown away! Some days it makes me feel so old and grown up and some days I feel like I get to be five again too.....going to "real school" for the first time, learning to read and write and tie shoes, being the BIG sister to (almost) three little ones!

I am so proud of my Annie T. and cannot imagine my life without her! When she came to wake me up yesterday morning she told me she could tell that she had grown a lot since she was four! I love it and I love her! I told her how thankful I am that God chose her daddy and I to be her parents...what a special girl she is!

Annie T,
Some things I think you should know....
* Your dad and I love you so much! So do Emma and Gracie! They spend all day just waiting for you to get home from school so they can play with you! They want to be JUST LIKE YOU! You are one special little girl!
* We are all so proud of you....we can't believe that you are big enough to be in KINDERGARTEN!!! We are not only proud of how smart you are or how well you're adjusting to "all day school" but also (and even more importantly) of your kind heart, your compassion for others and your love for your family and friends!
* I love to listen to you pray at night and talk to God. I love that you talk about God and ask questions (sometimes ones I can't answer!) and want to learn and know more about Him. He wants to know you too and I am excited to watch you grow and develop a life long relationship with Him.
* You have lots of people in your corner. Not just Mom and Dad and Emma and Gracie but so many others who love you and care about you and want what's best for you! Gleigh and Bo, Grandmother, Uncle Matthew and Uncle Daniel, Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Becca and Uncle Matt, Walker and Laynee, Aunt Jane and Uncle B....I could go on and on! All of us want the VERY BEST for YOU! We are all praying for you and will all be there for you whenever you need us!
* I feel like I should end like I started...by letting you know that you are LOVED! You and Emma and Gracie are so special to Daddy and me! We could not be more thankful that God has allowed us to be your parents and we can't wait to see where and how He will use you!
Happy Birthday to my favorite five year old! I Love You!
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment