Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's the first day of school!

UPDATE: Annie T. had a GREAT first day of school! She jumped right in the car and talked my ear off about all of the fun things she did at school today! She went to the library, the nurse's office and ate lunch in the big lunchroom! She even took a nap on her fabulous Barbie napmat! My favorite quote of the day was that kindergarten was just like "Mrs. Nina's (our fab 4K teacher) but she got to stay for lunch!
While Annie T. had an awesome day at school she didn't have such an awesome afternoon. She was so exhausted and even fell asleep a little this afternoon. I had to STRUGGLE to keep her awake long enough to eat dinner! Hopefully it won't take too long for her to adjust to the longer days!



I cannot believe it! I am the mother of an elementary school student!! My Annie is off at "real school" and the little girls and I are playing away at home! I knew that I would not be one of those moms who crys and whines about how their kiddos are growing up so fast (maybe because there are three more to follow in her footsteps!) but she really is growing up so fast! I am excited though because she was SO excited!I'm thinking that makes us a success...the goal is to have your kids be ready and excited and independent enough to WANT to go, right?
This morning Annie came running into my room (about 5 minutes before the alarm went off) skipping and singing "I'm going to school today"! How can you not be excited to wake up to that?!?!? We jumped (well, crawled) out of bed and started getting ready! I had packed Annie's lunch last night so we had one less thing to do this morning but there was still plenty to do to get the five of us ready for the first day of school! We've decided that most days Josh will take Annie to school on his way to work and the other girls and I will do pickup BUT we were all too excited to miss the first day!
When we got to school, Annie (and her sisters) were kind enough to let me take some first day of school pictures before heading in! Annie led the way to her classroom (she and I had been to visit the school and meet her teacher on Monday). When we got to her classroom she posed for one more picture and then gave mom and dad a quick sugar and headed on in! I can't wait to pick her up and hear how her day goes!!!!

The note in Annie's lunchbox!


My big girl getting ready to head inside!
All of my sweet girls...getting ready to walk Annie T. to class.


Annie and Daddy


Outside her classroom...ready to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment