This year was a little different. Yes, Josh was gone with his kids but this year the girls and I still got to see him (not on his REAL birthday, which is today but close enough)!! Yay!! We have been at the beach about 45 mins. away so we invited Josh and his kids out to spend the day with us on the beach! They got here around 2:00 and ran straight for the water. They spent most of the afternoon kayaking, swimming, walking on the beach and just sitting in the sand enjoying the beach! I sure don't blame them...i love to just sit and enjoy the beach however, with three very active little ones there's not a whole lot of sitting when we go to the beach! A little before dark, Josh built a bonfire for roasting weenies and smores! You would have thought my girls had died and gone to Heaven (my big girls were beside themselves...they had been waiting for this ALL week)!
After dinner the kids enjoyed a little more beach time and then had their devotion and communion on the beach while I took my girls back inside to get cleaned up and ready for bed! I put on a movie for them and wouldn't you know, by the time Josh and the big kids came back in both little girls were fast asleep! Annie T. was the only one who stayed up long enough to have birthday brownies and icecream (as if we needed more food)!! The kids were getting their stuff ready to head back to their condos but Annie T. had her heart set on singing happy birthday and sharing a birthday brownie with her daddy and he did not disappoint! AND once the kids saw brownies and icecream they were more than happy to delay their departure for a quick bite!
When the big kids left, I got all of my sleeping kiddos and Annie settled in the bed, did some quick cleanup (not enough...I still have plenty to do today!) and headed to bed myself!
Josh and Annie after eating their birthday brownies!
Happy Birthday Josh! We are so proud of you and we couldn't ask for a better husband or dad! We love you SO much!



No comments:
Post a Comment