Earlier this summer (I cannot for the life of me remember the date...you can tell how traumatized I am, huh?) we had a little bit of excitement here in Virginia! Oh yes, an earthquake hit? struck? occurred? (i'm not even sure what the right word is when you have an earthquake) about 30 miles from our house.
It was kind of funny because the kids and I were on our way home from Target and we didn't even know it happened until Josh called to see if we were alright. THAT was a funny conversation! Went a little something like this:
J: Um. I've been trying to call y'all. Are y'all alright?
Me: Yep. You?
J: Yeah. What are y'all doing? Are the kids freaked out?
Me: Freaked out about what? We're headed home from Target.
J: Uhh..the earthquake?
Me: The WHAT?!?!
Funny! I guess because we were driving it just wasn't that noticeable. I don't know. The only other earthquake I've experienced (Oh yes, this is not my first earthquake! I'm an earthquake veteran! Ha) happened in the middle of the night and I was asleep so I don't remember much about that one either. Our friends and family started calling (when they could actually get through) to check on us so I guess it was a pretty big deal and made the national news pretty quickly! It certainly made me wonder what kind of damage we would find at home.
When we walked in, the kids and I started looking for any damage to the house. It didn't take us too long to find it.......
My First Baptist Gadsden plate had fallen off the top of my hutch but thankfully found a safe place to land in my crochet bag! HA!
We also found a few books that had fallen off the bookshelf. Let's be honest though, I can't be sure if this is the work of the earthquake or my sweet Jack whose new favorite game is pulling as many books as possible off the shelf before you catch him and pick them up!
So, thankfully no earthquake damage or traumatized kiddos to report at the Thompson house!!



No comments:
Post a Comment