Earlier this summer, the girls got the invited to a really cool super hero party. Annie's friend Isaac (my friend Amanda's son) turned seven and he is SERIOUS about some super heroes! (It is so cute and seriously hilarious how much he loves super heroes!) So, for Isaac's party everyone was encouraged to dress up like a super hero....but not just any old super hero....an original super hero!
It took a little work (or a whole lot) and maybe we went a little overboard (or a lot!) but we ended up with some pretty cute and pretty super heroes if I do say so myself! :)
SO without further ado, let me introduce you to SHARING GIRL! ORDINARY GIRL! AND AMAZING GRACIE!
"Here we come to save the day!"
I thought their costumes turned out SO cute (and they cost next to nothing to make!) I just took a couple of Josh's old t-shirts and cut them up for capes, "appliqued" the logos on the back and then made leg warmers out of women's knee socks from Target (my fave!)! I also made felt masks and cuffs and threw on a leotard and ta da....instant super heroes! :)
To the rescue....
The girls had a great time picking out the fabric and colors for their costumes and I thought the idea was just too cute! I'm thinking I may make costumes for Josh and Jack and I (don't worry, no leotards involved) and we may be a whole family of super heroes for Halloween! ha



No comments:
Post a Comment