Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Crayon FAILURE!

Several weeks ago on a rainy afternoon the big girls and I decided we needed to something to do. We have tons of old broken crayons and I had seen some really cute "homemade" crayons and I thought that was definitely something we could do.


Annie and Emma started digging through the crayon box for broken crayons to use in our project. They got them all unwrapped and ready to go!



Pretty soon we went from THIS....


to THIS....(looking good so far, right?)


to THIS....
(In case you can't tell, THIS is where things started going downhill.) I had the cutest little heart shaped silicon tray that we decided to use to make our crayons. Heart shaped crayons are cute, right? I knew that it was meant for making ice cubes but I know that you can use silicon to bake and so I just assumed that it would be fine in the oven. Little did I know how wrong I was!
My pan completely melted! Thankfully I put a piece of aluminum foil underneath it because when the tray melted it made a total mess! Good thing my cute pink ice tray came from the $1 bin at Target...otherwise I'd have been one unhappy camper!

In other good news, at least our afternoon of crafting wasn't a total waste....our heart shaped crayons turned out pretty cute after all!


No comments:

Post a Comment