Valentine's Day has come and gone...I'm not a big fan of V day. It's fine but Josh and I have never really celebrated it. We don't do gifts for each other or a fancy dinner (first of all because we have four kids and it's darn near impossible to find a sitter for four!!!!) but we do a few little things for the kids. This year in addition to making Valentines for the girls' classmates we made heart shaped sugar cookies on Sunday night! They were pretty yummy and the girls and I had fun making them together (the first batch (of about 15) at least!!!)! We rolled them, cut them, cooked them and then (the fun part) decorated them! The girls helped me make the first dozen or so and then I hustled them off to bed and finished on my own (at about 10:30 pm). I joked to Josh that the cards should have said "Happy Valentine's Day from Annie, Emma and Gracie's MOM!" since I ended up do the majority of the work! The girls were tickled to take them to school and share them with their friends and teachers so the work was totally worth it!
The girls helped ice the cookies! :)
The finished product!
On Monday morning I got up a little early and made pink pancakes for the big girls before they headed off to school (g was still asleep and y'all know how I feel about waking up a sleeping baby....I DON'T DO IT! ha!) They were super excited and started putting in requests for the next day's colored pancakes!
I tried to get a picture of E with her teacher but everything was so crazy I didn't get it done. She LOVES Mrs. Lisa and school and we are tickled about that! :)
Besides Valentine's day we've had a few other things going on around here. We're still kinda in a holding pattern (which stinks) but we think things are beginning to happen. We're looking at and talking to and about some opportunities for our family and we are excited about that! We are also buying a new(er) car and we're excited about that too (although not the circumstances)! A little note about the car situation. We have a old Honda Odyssey....we have loved it! Loved it to the tune of 250,000 miles! I mean seriously, my mom and dad passed it down to us when Gracie was born and we have LOVED it! It's been a GREAT car but it has finally decided to conk out for good! The check engine light came on last week and it started riding really rough. I didn't think too much of it because I did have one major repair (like a $2000 one) done this summer so I figured it was something small that we would get fixed and go on about our business. On Monday I took it to a mechanic (I checked into it and found one that a relative has used for several years and who I believe to be honest) and he said it had this problem and this problem and on and on and on. He actually said it wasn't worth replacing. :( BOO! I couldn't believe it.....my little van has just been such a champ, I seriously was shocked. AND the timing COULD. NOT. BE. WORSE. As the 5 or so of you who read this blog know, we're in a season of uncertainty around here. I mean seriously the timing really stinks. Thankfully we have figured out a way to buy a new(er) van and I have a guy shopping at the auction for me as we speak.....YAY! All I can say is God is good! We have been provided for at every single turn (maybe not in the ways we expect but every single turn)!! We are hoping that we will have a new van by Thursday because we are leaving town on Friday for us (Josh and I) to catch a 12:15 flight out of Chattanooga! IF we don't have OUR van on time that will create a little bump in the road BUT we can rent one until we get ours next week or whenever. I am not going to worry one more minute about it....I know it will all work out. Like I said before we have been taken care of and provided for at EVERY turn so I am confident that this time will be no different. I will definitely post pictures of my new(ish) van when it gets here! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment