Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Gracie!

On November 14th my sweet Gracie turned 2! So hard to believe we've had her so long (but at the same time I can hardly remember not having her)! She is such a fun and special addition to our family and I can already tell that she's going to be a great big sister to "baby Jack" as she likes to call him!!
In case you didn't know, Gracie's birthday is always the same weekend as the Auburn/Georgia game. This is a pretty big rivalry game (not like Alabama but still big!) and the South's oldest rivalry AND a little bit of a family rivalry (my dad went to GA and Josh and I and my granddaddy and most of his family went to Auburn). Anyway, we have tickets to the Auburn games yet since Gracie arrived we haven't made it to this game (all this to say that when Gracie turns 12 or so and starts thinking we don't love her she has only to look at our blowing off the GA game for her to know how much she really means to us...we're pretty serious fans)! Anyway, we spent Gracie's birthday weekend with my family in Chattanooga. We're pretty low key about birthdays around here...we do lots of celebrating with family (although apparently I'm not very good at getting pics with our family...I guess there is too much other stuff going on around here)! We also do lots of cake or in this case brownie and icecream eating and happy birthday singing and opening a few presents to celebrate the momentous occasion! :) I know it was nice for Gracie (who is number three out of our family of four kiddos) to have a day to celebrate just her!!!
A few things about my girl:
*Gracie is SWEET! This girl is a hugger and gives lots of good sugars. She also LOVES her baby brother! She loves to hold him and will sit for quite awhile with baby Jack on her lap!
*She loves babies and dolls and LOVES the doll stroller she got for her birthday (it may be the best $10 Josh and I have ever spent). She could spend hours pushing her babies up and down the hall.
*G is usually very easy going but man, does she ever have a temper! You DO NOT want to get on this girl's bad side! She can also throw a pretty good punch! We are all working on using words rather than hands and keeping our tempers under control! I hope some of that fire and passion will serve her well in life!
*G is fun fun fun to have around! She is always (well most of the time) smiling and pleasant and just plain ol fun! I hope she continues to keep such a sunny disposition!

Gracie,
We are SO thankful that you are a part of our family! We can't imagine our lives without you...you bring so much fun and joy to our family! We love you so much and excited to see what GREAT things God has in store for you!
Love,
Mom and Dad





Gracie enjoying some brownie and icecream....this girl can EAT!



Getting ready to blow out her candles! :)




Pushing Raggedy Anne in her new doll stroller! (Seriously, the best $10 we EVER spent!)

No comments:

Post a Comment