Tonight the girls and I had somewhere to be! Since it's Wednesday night we are usually at church but since last week was the last week of the school year programs and it's not quite time for summer programs we opted to skip (shame! shame!) and get together with our dear friends who will also be leaving town in the very near future (in fact, i think they are out of here before us and i must admit I am jealous)! We pulled up just in time for dinner and enjoyed a wild and crazy dinner with a whole bunch of wild and crazy girls (2 moms and 7 girls ages 7 to 1...WOW)! We really had a lot of fun visiting and playing but as all good things do, the fun times had to come to an end and the time came for the Thompson girls to load up and head home. This did not make for very happy girls! In fact, Annie T. hid and practically refused to leave!
We finally got almost all of the way loaded up when Annie T. turned around and looked at me and PINCHED me on the arm! Oh yes, looked right in my eyes and pinched me as hard as she could. I told her to hurry her little bottom into her seat RIGHT THIS MINUTE all while smiling calmly for the benefit of the other six girls around me! I was HOT! I still can't believe she knowingly and defiently looked in my face and pinched me! I told her that she was to get her jammies on and head straight to her room when we got home and that she would have to miss out on reading with Emma and Gracie and me before bed. This news led to a major meltdown!
So, tonight as we were getting out of the car, Annie asked me if she still had to go to her room (as if I had changed my mind in the three minutes it took to drive home). I told her that yes, she did have to go on to bed and miss our story. She asked why?
Our conversation went a little like this:
Annie: Why do I have to go to bed and Emma and Gracie get to stay up?
Me: Well, you made a poor choice and you have to have a........
Annie: I HATE consequences! AND you're mean! I'm going to live with Gleigh and Bo!
HA! I guess she told me! :) (I should have told her that Uncle Daniel thinks Gleigh and Bo are mean so maybe they should trade!) :)
Even though she was angry, Annie did go inside and do what I asked her to. When I was saying prayers and tucking the big girls in Annie asked me again why I made her miss the story. I tried to explain that it's my job as her mom to teach her right from wrong and that I discipline her because I love her and I want her to grow up to be the kind of girl that God wants her to be. I think most of that went over her head but I hope she got that I do it because I love her and want what's best for her. And I think she did (at least a little) 'cause she sure did hug me extra tight and give me a couple of extra goodnight sugars!:)
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment