Today I am thankful. Thankful for SO much. In a time when so many people are suffering from worry, illness, fear, depression, uncertainty and so much more I have so so much to be thankful for. Don't get me wrong, my life is certainly not a bed of roses BUT I am thankful for so many things including (but not limited too):
*an awesome hubby who is willing (and able...thanks to a GREAT job and COOL boss at an EXCELLENT new church...yet another thing to be thankful for) to drop everything and rush to our aid from over 200 miles away when we need him.
*3, yep 3, beautiful, smart, fun, kind and HEALTHY girls who I am so very very privileged to parent each and every day...even on the days when they make me CRAZY!
*Family and friends who encourage and assist me on a DAILY basis...I couldn't make it without y'all!
*A warm, safe home (even if I can't quite seem to get rid of it), 2 paid for cars (even if one is currently crashed up...not my fault! it will be fixed soon!), an awesome new church FAMILY that has welcomed these five Thompsons with open arms and hearts!
*Health, happiness, freedom and security in uncertain times because I know that HE has a plan for me....and not just any old half way plan but a plan to give me a hope and a future!
My prayer for 2010 is that I will be aware of each of the ways that I have been blessed. That rather than wish for something more, better, different etc. I will be content with what I have. That I will be thankful for every blessing and difficulty and that I will look at EVERY situation as an opportunity to LOVE others and bring GLORY to the Father....in the end isn't that what matters? Isn't that what we are called to do as Christians? Love God and love others...my New Year's Resolution!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment