Monday, January 28, 2013

Snow Day!!

We've had quite an interesting couple of days around here! We've had several recent predictions of snow and we finally got about an inch or so. I don't know about y'all but i'm really not much of a fan of the snow. I don't like to be cold. It's wet and dirty after just an hour or so. It's just really not so high on my list of favorite or even tolerable things. My kiddos on the other hand LOVE it. They are the kids that will stay out for hours, especially Jack. I thought they would be the type who would love about 15 minutes of playing in the snow and then get cold and tired and be ready to come inside, sip a little hot chocolate and then be content to snuggle on the couch and watch movies and play inside the warm house for the rest of the day. Boy, was I WRONG! They wanted to be out in the snow....all one inch of it! ha!
Another thing I'm not so much loving about the snow....snow days! Yep, no school! NO SCHOOL IN VIRGINIA FOR 1 INCH OF SNOW! Are you kidding me? I mean, I've lived in places that don't know how to handle snow (Alabama, anyone?) but I thought Virginia was a little more likely to have things under control. WRONG again! Virginia, at least the part we live in, gets as crazy over a little snow as anywhere else I've ever lived hence the decision to cancel school for 2 days over a dusting of snow! Boo!
Now, before you think I'm one of those moms who doesn't enjoy her kiddos let me set you straight. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my kiddos...all four of them but I like for them to go to school on school days! AND get this, they like to go to school on school days too! It's a win win! Everybody's happy! Until those darn snow days. Yeah, i know I said they loved playing i the snow, but did I mention that I don't love it so much? Luckily, my kids have the best dad ever and he stayed home from work to play in the snow with his kiddos! (Don't worry he traded his normal Friday off for a Thursday snow day with his kiddos....no deadbeat dad at this house!) Yay for super dad! That freed me up to make lots of hot chocolate and enjoy the warm house! Again, yay for super dad!!
What would we do without him?!?!?

Check out my cuties loving the snow :)













No comments:

Post a Comment