Thursday, March 10, 2011

31

This Sunday was my 31st birthday (I know, I can't believe it either). Thirty one seems so much older than thirty! It didn't help that when I talked to my brother on the phone that day (from Vienna, no less...lucky duck!) he said "No offense but thirty one is really old"! Thanks mm...love you too! Anyway, my Grandmother always says the truth will stand when the world's on fire and I guess she's right....it is what it is and thirty one is the real deal! Oh well. Despite feeling like an old woman I had an AWESOME (low key) birthday with lots of celebrating!
On Sunday morning I got to sleep in while Josh and the big girls made Grandmother's famous "flat biscuits" and brought it to me IN BED! YAY for birthdays that bring breakfast in bed! Everything was delicious and the company couldn't have been better! After my birthday breakfast, I got to open my present!


The beautiful wrapping...decorated by my sweet Annie T!
Josh and the girls worked really hard and made me a super awesome coupon book.....full of fun things! Like......


I've been going to a Monday night Bible Study for the last several weeks and even though the girls have lots of fun at home with J it seems like someone is always complaining as I walk out the door! Not any more! :) Too bad my Bible study just ended!


This is a GREAT one.....we'll see if it works as promised!



There were lots of other great coupons like a Kindle cover, a new camera bag, some Kindle books I've been wanting and others! What a great (and thoughtful) gift!

We planned to go to church but you know how things go....we spent so much time celebrating that by the time we got dressed church had already started...boo! So, around 11:00 Emma, Gracie, Jack and I loaded up and headed to Gadsden to have lunch and celebrate with Grandmother, Aunt Jane and Mom and Dad......yay! Josh and Annie were of course invited but Annie T. had a friend's birthday party that afternoon and we let her choose what she would rather do....Mommy's party or her friend's. I guess the inflatables tipped the scale in her friend's favor...there were no bounce houses at Mommy's party!
Mom and Dad picked up BBQ and we had a yummy lunch complete with a DQ cake....my fave! :) Emma, Gracie and Jack helped blow out the candles!

Grandmother didn't have any birthday candles so we had to use an advent candle! Ha!


Getting ready to blow out the candle!


Dad changed a few light bulbs for Grandmother while we were there and Gracie and Aunt Jane had fun playing on the "Jolly Roger" (the ladder)!


Gracie and Jack also went for "a ride" in the laundry basket! Too much fun!

When we got back home Daddy and Annie were waiting for us with ANOTHER birthday cake! YUM! I think I ate enough cake to last until next year (32...yikes!)! SO happy I got to spend my birthday with some of my favorite people (MM and DM....you were missed!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment