Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Nutcracker

Today started off a little crazy! Emma T. left the light above her carseat on in the car last night...all night; so this morning when I went out to start my car, you guessed it...my battery was dead! YIKES! We had places to be (school) and things to be doing! My sweet friend Valerie came and jumped me off (that was an adventure in and of itself!) and we all headed on our way!
Later this morning, my friend Kris offered me some "tickets" to The Nutcracker (it was really friends and family night so it was free but you had to have a seat)! Her daughter, Kinsey, was in it and she thought the girls might like to see it. (Kinsey was snow and a flower. I honestly think the snow was Annie's favorite part. When "snowflakes" started falling from the celing, I thought she was going to jump out of her chair)! I have debated taking Annie, or Annie and Emma in the past but have never gotten around to it. It's just one of those things that seemed like it could turn into a whole lot of trouble but tonight with free tickets I thought it would be worth a try. I called around all day and found a babysitter and then invited Valerie (my rescuer from this morning) and her daughter, Ari, to tag along. I thought it might be a good mother daughter thing to do. I decided to wait on Emma and Gracie....they are probably still a little too young for such a long performance but they had a great time playing with Sara! That always makes me feel better about leaving the little ones when I know they're having fun!
I cannot believe how good Annie was (Ari too). The show is right at 2 hours long and Annie hardly made a peep. She loved the costumes and the music and the dancing! She just sat there in awe! I forgot my camera-what a big dummy-but I wish I had been able to get a picture of her watching! She was so engaged and totally wrapped up in what was going on on stage! I am so glad I decided to take her-the performance really was good and since this was still technically practice I imagine it will only get better! My only complaint was the SUPER hairy prince...he needs to shave that chest or get a different costume....GROSS! All in all a good time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment