Wednesday, July 29, 2009

False Alarm

As you can see it's almost midnight. Everyone is peacefully wiling away the evening when all of the sudden there is quite a commotion coming out of Annie and Emma's room. For those of you who don't know, Annie is quite a sleeptalker. She comes by it naturally. I too have been known to talk in my sleep! This is a little tidbit of what we heard!
Annie: Crap! Crap! Crap! There's crap all over the place!
A few minutes of quiet and then
Annie: "Mom! Dad! Crap! Crap!"
My first thought is "surely I am imagining this. My sweet adorable almost 4 year old girl wouldn't say something like that! And certainly not in her sleep!" My next thought is "how can I blame this on Josh? (in other words not me!)" So, I headed down the hall to make sure I heard what I think I heard! I asked Josh and he confirmed that I did in fact hear my sweet Annie T yell Crap in her sleep!
We decided that we better check on her and make sure that there was not in fact "crap all over the place!" So, we walked into her room and checked her out (Emma is sleeping peacefully through the whole ordeal, thank goodness)! Annie woke up and our conversation went something like this:
Annie: "Mom, what are you doing in here?"
Me: "Just checking you out. You were yelling."
Then, because the best time to discuss appropriate and inappropriate language is in the middle of the night when your child is still half asleep (or not) I said "Annie, crap is really not a very nice word. We shouldn't say that."
Annie (even in her half asleep state) looks at me and says "Crabs, mom. I dreamed that there were crabs all over me!" Like, wow mom you are such a dummy!
Oh my sweet Annie T! I got a good little giggle, kissed her on the cheek and she was totally out by the time I closed the door!
Guess I better be a little more careful about what I say when all of those little "listening ears" are hanging around!

1 comment: